First “PCI Express Over Cable inside” embedded PC based computer
The modular concept of myOPALE multiplies the capabilities of your next computer in a smaller footprint.
For three decades, industrial PCs use two types of architecture: ATX/mini-ITX motherboards or PICMG® passive backplane.
In both cases, the motherboard and its I/O cards stay physically linked through direct PCI Express connectors or through a backplane or are screwed. With myOPALE, I/O boards are linked to the processor module with a 4x or 8x PCI Express cable.
• 5 full height I/O boards in a 1U/19” chassis
• Full-redundant system in a 1U/19” chassis
• 6 industrial PCs with 2x I/O extension slots each, in a 4U/19” chassis
… and many other use cases which you never dared to dream with a legacy industrial PC
myOPALE does it thanks its PCI Express over Cable connection and standard 5.25’’ building blocks with mini-SAS HD connectors.
Your main advantages
- High Flexibility
- Compute density
- Time to market strongly reduced and very low NRE costs, because “mutualised”
- Long life management
- High performance/watt
- Security and management
Full computer in a 5.25” module
- COM Express type 6
- Intel® Core™ - Xeon®
- 32 Go DDR4 ECC
- Legacy I/O: 2x DP, 1x GbE, 4x USB 3.0
- Internal SATA SSD
- Expansion I/O:
- 24x PCIe Gen3 links
- Up to 5 expansions (PCIe or NVMe)
- Mini-SAS HD connectors
PCIe I/O slots in a 5.25’’ module
- 2x PCIe x4
- 1x PCIe x8
- Temperature and fans monitoring from myOPALE-CPU
- PCIe x4
- 7x over SATA SSD throughput
- Mini-SAS HD / U.2 cable